Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.
– W.B. Yeats
The Montana Education Partnership envisions education that builds students’ confidence, sparks their intellectual curiosity, and fosters strong community connections.
What We Do
- Developing strategies to increase the number of adult, near peer, tutors, mentors and volunteers serving with youth both in school and out of school time
- Improving students’ ability to earn academic credit for their service and acquire educational awards to pay for college
- Supporting partnerships between schools and communities, connecting young people with stakeholders to collaborate on common concerns.
Students will be empowered to:
- Investigate and research issues
- Connect and collaborate with experts, stakeholders, and mentors
- Apply their knowledge and creativity to implement an action plan
- Explore careers and learn professional skills such as planning, management, cost analysis, maintaining a budget, and risk assessment
- Build proficiency in teamwork, leadership, communication, and problem solving
- See value in completing their education
- Make choices that will foster long-term health and success.
“The kids at PAL (Project for Alternative Learning) benefited from working with the Head Start and Bryant Elementary kids because for some of the PAL students, it may have been the first time they heard they mattered and were making a positive difference.“
Craig Crawford, Principal of Kessler Elementary School,
Helena School District, Helena Montana